Welcome Friends and Participants,
This database contains all resolution reports on file for the Sissy Haas project, "Finding the Limit for Uneven Double Stars." The project began in September 2012 and is now in its fourth year. As of May 1, 2016, we have logged 2,268 observations of fifty-four target stars, using fifty-five different apertures. If you would like to become a contributing observer, please register by contacting: Sissy Haas.
Clear Skies, ∼ Bill Boublitz 生
Navigating the Database:
- Master Table – Master Table of the Test Pairs displays the target stars with separation in arc seconds along the y axis, and magnitude difference (ΔM) along the x axis. Each star name in the table is an active link. Clicking on the star name will display a list of all resolution reports on file for that pair, by aperture.
- Recent Entries – Highlights the latest resolution reports added to the Database. We update the database every two weeks.
- Data For The Test Pairs – Displays coordinates and supporting data necessary for locating and observing the Test Pairs. Standard Atlas Map Pages and SAO Numbers are included.
- WDS Reference – These tables list data on the test pairs extracted from the Washington Double Star Catalog. The test pairs are listed in order of Right Ascension.
- Summary This is a new page which displays the probable minimum aperture need for each test pair, based on data reduction of the last four years of observations. It also indicates which pairs require more observations for any valid conclusion to be made.
- Community – Links to the websites of some of our participants and their respective Astronomical Societies.