Welcome Friends and Participants,
This database contains all resolution reports on file for the Sissy Haas project, "Finding the Limit for Uneven Double Stars," as described in the September 2012 issue of Sky & Telescope magazine. August, 2014 begins our third year. If you would like to become a contributing observer, register by contacting: Sissy Haas.
Update No. 64 Made Complete; 2015:01:24:20:25 UT
Two reports were filed this period, for Struve 750 in Orion.
Of course, the big news is the new measure of Gamma Equulei B. Now measured at 0.6 arc-second separation, this star has been dropped from the tables. Clear Skies, ∼ Bill Boublitz 生
Navigating the Database:
- Master Table – Master Table of the Test Pairs displays the target stars with separation in arc seconds along the y axis, and magnitude difference (ΔM) along the x axis. Each star name in the table is an active link. Clicking on the star name will display a list of all resolution reports on file for that pair, by aperture.
- Data For The Test Pairs – Displays coordinates and supporting data necessary for locating and observing the Test Pairs. Standard Atlas Map Pages and SAO Numbers are included.
- WDS Reference – These tables list data on the test pairs extracted from the Washington Double Star Catalog. The test pairs are listed in order of Right Ascension.
- Recent Entries – Highlights the latest resolution reports added to the Database. We update the database every two weeks.
- Community – Links to the websites of some of our participants and their respective Astronomical Societies.